Welcome!

Thankyou for taking the time today to view my blog! Come back often as I update and post new things daily! Please comment on anything you would like to and share your thoughts with me and anyone else reading.

Happy Valentines Day

The next holiday is upon us .. check in for some neat treats and gifts for Valentines Day!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Strange rash!!

My 2 year old daughter started a rash shortly after potty training and moving into her own cute little underwear! I was baffled, afterall arnt underwear supposed to be gentler than diapers? I called my doctors office and the nurse and i brainstormed and decided to try a lotion called Aquaphore. We did this for a week and it started to get better and then surprise, one morning her rash was red and itchy all over her bottom. Puzzled, i called the doctors once again and got a prescription antibiotic cream. Again, her rash seemed better at first and then after about a week it flared yet again and seemed to get bigger. So instead of just calling we made the dreaded trip into the doctors office ( dreaded due to the winter sickness season). Instantly the doctor identified Eczema. Now at 2 years old she had never had this before on any part of her body. Suddenly I am purchasing all the "free" products to keep perfumes away from her sesitive behind! Lesson learned!

1 comment:

  1. Also try to buy only white cotton undies and make sure you wash them in your dye free fragrance free laudry detergent first!! Both my girls have eczema and also tend to get yeast infections if bathe in any chemicals (ex bubbles, lotions, shampoo with dye or chemicals.) I suggest burts bee products. They are awesome. You pay more for them but it worth it!

    ReplyDelete